So you’ve got your RUST server up and running. Congratulations! Now it’s time to populate it so that you can get started on playing with your friends. Here are 5 tips to help you do just that.
1. Avoid admin abuse and accusations at all cost
One of the most common complaints on any multiplayer game is admin abuse. This can be anything from someone using their powers to grief other players, to simply being too overbearing and not giving others a chance to play.
If you are running a RUST server, it is important to set up some rules and guidelines to avoid admin abuse. Here are a few tips:
– Make sure that all admins are familiar with the rules of the server and are comfortable enforcing them.
– Give players a way to report abuse or inappropriate behavior.
– Have a clear and concise set of rules that everyone must follow.
– Be consistent with your enforcement of the rules.
– Admins should only use their powers when absolutely necessary.
By following these tips, you can help to create a RUST server that is fun and enjoyable for everyone.
2. Server stability, speed, and availability
A RUST server can provide a great deal of enjoyment for those who want to play the game with friends or family. There are, however, a few things that need to be considered in order to make sure that the server is stable, fast, and available when needed.
One of the most important things to consider is the hardware that will be used to host the server. It is important to have a processor that is fast enough to handle the load of the game and the players that will be connecting. Additionally, enough memory and storage space should be available to accommodate the game files and any player data that will be stored on the server.
The stability of a RUST server can also be affected by the network connection that is used. A good connection will help to ensure that players are able to connect to the server and that there are no issues with lag or disconnections. A dedicated server with a good connection is often the best option for those who want to run a RUST server.
Availability is another important factor to consider when running a RUST server. The server should be available when players want to connect and play. This means that it should be online and accessible at all times. A good way to ensure availability
3. Active, friendly, and responsive administrators
If you’re looking to populate your RUST server, the most important thing you can do is to make sure you have active, friendly and responsive administrators. This will ensure that new players have a good experience on your server and are more likely to stick around.
Here are some tips for finding and keeping active, friendly and responsive administrators:
1. Make sure you have a clear and concise set of rules for your server. This will help to keep the peace and prevent arguments between players and administrators.
2. Choose your administrators carefully. They should be people who are fair, level-headed and able to handle difficult situations.
3. Be responsive to player feedback. If there are problems on your server, address them quickly and efficiently.
4. Keep your administrator team small. Too many cooks in the kitchen can lead to problems.
5. Have a clear plan for what you want your server to achieve. This will help to keep everyone on the same page and working towards the same goal.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your RUST server is populated with active, friendly and responsive administrators who will help to keep new players coming back for more!
4. Sign up for server listing websites
There are many websites that list RUST servers, and some of them are even free. This can be a great way to get your server out there and attract new players.
Here are some of the most popular server listing websites:
Once you have signed up for a listing website, make sure to fill out all the required information about your server. This includes the name, address, description, and any other pertinent details.
In addition to signing up for server listing websites, you can also promote your RUST server on social media. This can be a great way to reach a wider audience and get more people interested in playing on your server.
5. Build a community, a RUST community
One thing that can make a large impact on the success of your game is to actively seek out and encourage community building. RUST is no exception. The developers behind RUST are constantly working to improve its own in-game community, as well as the game itself.
In order to create a strong and lasting RUST community, you will need to take some time to learn about how online communities work. There are many resources available on the internet that can help you with this. Additionally, it may be helpful to find and participate in existing RUST communities. This will give you a better understanding of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to community building.
Once you have a good understanding of how online communities work, you can begin working on building your own. There are many ways to do this, but one of the most effective is through social media. Creating a Twitter account or Facebook page dedicated to your RUST server can help attract new players and keep existing ones engaged. Be sure to post regularly and interact with your community as much as possible.
In addition to social media, another great way to build community is through in-game events. Host regular events such as tournaments and most importantly speak to your community as it grows. There is nothing worse than an absent community owner.
Show Top 10 Rust Server Hosts
Read Rust Server Reviews